My Art

My Art

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just dropping in....

Ok so I know for me and so many others this time of year is crazy busy, I work retail so it is wide open everyday. When I get home I am totally exhausted and know that I need to get in the studio...... but I just can't seem to get my behind off the couch. I have several blog hops that are to be completed by next week so I have got to get my behind in gear. Anyone else out there have this problem??


 Here are a few links that I found this week I thought you might want to check out. 90% were found through pinterest I'm addicted!!!

Pearls Handcuffs and Happy Hour posted a potato soup recipe that I tried out and it is AMAZING!! You know it was made in a crock pot. So simple you can't believe it turns out so creamy and YUMMY!! Drop over to her blog and check out all the recipes. Don't you just love the name?



Then I saw this a tutorial on tiny pillow boxes using TP rolls!!! This is perfect for all of us jewelry designers out there looking for nice packages to send our pieces in. She has really cool tutorials on her page go check it out over at http://bluepurpleandscarlett.com/.



It's nothing like receiving a handmade gift, my mom taught me many years ago that if you make it from love it will be something they cherish forever. I know for me that is very true, mom is a big knitter/ crochet/ anything crafty (you think that's where I got it from) HAHA, so I love receiving handmade gifts. Anyway back to the link I came across this on Pinterest and thought it had some really great ideas. So go check it out The 36th Avenue and if you want to follow me on pinterest here's the link Tiff's Pinterest Boards.




3 comments:

  1. I work in a store too, so I know the feeling >.< I'm up at 4:30 in the morning so I can get to work at 6, then it's almost 3 by the time I get home... during the warmer months I have no trouble keeping going; I can grab a tray and head out to the porch on nice days and bead out there, or hike all over town to find things for projects. On cold days though the energy is just GONE. I drag my butt home, climb the stairs to the apartment and that's about all she wrote lol >.< Thank you for posting that tute on the tp pillow boxes..I have a ton of those buggers in a bag ..I missed adding them to the recycling last week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Post, love the little pillow box idea, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about making some soup in the crock-pot this weekend! We're supposed to be getting some cold weather (finally) here in TX..this potato soup looks amazing! Thnx for sharing it and thnx for linking to my pillow boxes, too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete