My Art

My Art

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Art Supplies



I often get asked from new art journalers what are the must have supplies.
The list can be very long and quiet expensive this post is a few of
the basics. Its very important not to get overwhelmed or feel like you
can't create beautiful art if you don't have everything out there. 

Paper- this can be anything in the handmade journals I use, I 
have old magazine pages, manila folders, outdated calenders,
even junk mail!! You don't have to spend money paper is everywhere.

Paints- Cheap acrylic craft paint is perfect for art journaling. You can often
 find it for .50 a bottle, grab a few colors and don't forget you can mix it!!

Gesso- You can find this at any craft store or even Walmart.

Glue stick or adhesive- I prefer UHU glue-stick which I purchase on Amazon.

Stencils- You can make your own check out my hot glue stencil video HERE.
You can use produce bags, cut out shapes in cardstock you can use anything.

Pens or Pencils- I like a plain old #2 pencil and my fave pens are the
Uniball Signo 207 Bold and the Uniball Signo white pen.

Collage papers- Almost every single piece I create I use collage elements. 
Scrapbook paper, old letter, maps, magazines, newspaper really anything.



3 comments:

  1. Many thanks I feel motivated to do something today!!! Note to self to seek out those jumbo glue sticks! Loved the video. I needed that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the list! I'm one who tends to rush out and buy whatever is being used in the videos --- only to find that I can't remember why I bought it and what it was used for later on. I did get your pencils, pens, glue sticks and cheap paints, so I'm good to go!

    ReplyDelete